V1 Pro Billiard Instruction Perfect Stance & Stroke Video Analysis

Model Keri Gold and Master Instructor Oyster Academy of the Cueing Arts using the V1 Pro software. www.biliardinstruction.com

1. alinderman says:

Tim, quick question…

Do you think there is only one stance/stroke for everyone, or do you think some different things work better for different people.

2. BilliardInstruction says:

There is a perfect place where a perpendicular impact will produce translational and rotational forces which perfectly cancel each other out at a given pivot point otherwise know as the sweet spot. Given this, YES, there is a fundamental perfect “definition” for the perfect stance/stroke where this will occur.

3. MrCueSport says:

Hi Oyster,

Can you just explain your below description as I do not understand what the translational and rotational forces are!,

By the way, do you play Snooker or English Billiards (English Billiards being the game with three balls)?

4. MrCueSport says:

Also, I get the impression that each student has to have the exact copy of your technique, What about if this stance does not work for them and does not get them on the line of aim with perfact comfort, in Snooker, there is no such thing as finding the translational rotational forces, in Snooker, if your back foot is on the line of aim, you are balanced and some of your body weight is forward, then that is the stance! It does go into detail…

5. MrCueSport says:

Post continued from below,

…in Snooker coaching but not as much as this!, And I thought that Snooker coaching was way more advanced than Pool or Billiard coaching!,

Great video, very informative and helpful, please some more of these!

From your cyber-friend from the Snooker world,

MrCueSport

6. 69Karen9 says:

Yes Yes Yes Very classy presentation and beautiful place you have there with a sweet student. I have just about duplicated these positions and pocketing balls is so easy now. You surly have made pocketing balls so consistent for me. Thank you so very much for helping us all very much with this, Brilliant info.

7. Jimmymytube says:

This video did help me a bit, but I just already naturally get in that stance now, I get just like the dude on the video pretty low, it looks a little silly but It really helps me bank more balls, imo stance is the most important factor in making shots, AMIRITE?

8. DarkNusens says:

UAMRITE

9. Astralsupreme says:

this video shows a guy already in the perfect stance, but could anyone do a video that shows how to get into this stance, like where do you point your feet, how can you tell how low to lean down and such?

10. BilliardInstruction says:

DONE Academy of the Cueing Arts Volumes 2 and 7 show this in detail. billiardinstruction website for order information

11. Jomppa80 says:

I want the whole video of this, where can I order it? This is great stuff and I have been looking stance like this for some time.

12. BilliardInstruction says:

billiardinstruction website Academy of the Cueing Arts

13. aardvaark069 says:

There is a bit of your stroke that you have not communicated. On the final stroke at about perpendicular your rear hand releases the cue and it slides forward into the followthrough of it’s own accord. Probably difficult to learn to trust but the effort to learn this effortless tecknique is probably well worth the effort.

14. BilliardInstruction says:

The grip (rear hand) isn’t releasing. The pressure of the grip stay’s the same, the forward motion of the cue is a result of forward momentum of the cue. The cue stops at the end due to the cue being wider at the butt. The Forward Slip Cue occurs after impact ( 4″ past) with the cue ball, not at perpendicular.
    Slow motion details seen on Volume 6 “The Finer Points”.

15. aardvaark069 says:

I understand the principle. It is just this very thing that began to creep into my stroke several months ago. I am just learning to use it in a more deliberately aware fashion so that it becomes more unconcious and better regulated. The action on the cue ball increases so much that the whole approach to the game has got to be re-learned. Thanks

16. BilliardInstruction says:

Well Said!

17. dannyhones says:

Thank you for the videos. I like your methodical approach to teaching the mechanics of the game. I am curious about your opinion on the bridge distance from the cue ball. You say it should equal the distance from your wrist to your elbow. For me, that distance is 12 inches. Should I really be using a foot long bridge? And if so, what are the reasons for it?

18. BilliardInstruction says:

The exact mathematical pendulum bridge distance is the exact length of your radius bone. Unless you have an x-ray to measure exact the best secondary way is this distance from the thumb side wrist to the inside of your elbow joint. This distance is from the core (sweet spot) of the cue ball to your fulcrum on your bridge. This is your centergistic point of reference for your baseline stroke size. Hope that clarifies.

19. Mrthiennnn says:

Very good, but when he draw his cue before taking the shot, his elbow should of dropped at most an inch, From this video it looks the same, so when the cue does through the object ball the tip will rise. All is a good guide to all players Well done!

20. BilliardInstruction says:

Thank you the comment! The elbow should NOT move up or down any. Elbow down = tip up, elbow up = tip down. The tip should pass through the cue ball perfectly straight on the same line as the initial set up position.

21. ki21826 says:

how much do you charege 4 lessons and where r u located

22. BilliardInstruction says:

@ki21826
    Please see website billiardinstruction
    Academy of the Cueing Arts
    website on logo at end of video
    Cue School page