Pro Billiards US Open 9-Ball Championship: Corey Deuel vs. John Schmidt

Please shop at the Billiard Club Pro Shop, billiardclub.net All proceeds finance the BCn video production. Corey Deuel vs. John Schmidt Two former US Open Champions battle it out in the Chalk-Off.com Arena on day 5 of the 7 day event.

1. TeenyTiny945 says:

haha, I like how John swung at Corey at the end lol. I like Coreys pechaur cue much better than his concept cue that hes been using in the past. I think hes gone back to the pechaur again now though. You can’t win games if your opponent doesn’t miss.

2. TeenyTiny945 says:

@michaelburnett1 No dis, but do you play in the US Open?

3. TeenyTiny945 says:

@jl61046 I think its due to the fact that John plays a lot of straight pool, and in straight pool its all about shot making. A lot of times people tense up like that and short stroke stuff when you put pressure on yourself to not miss. I guess it works though he ran 400 so they say.

4. TeenyTiny945 says:

@jskeen23
    You should be his publicist or something. I thought John Schmidt was the only one to have ran 400 other than Mosconi? Or is that hype?

5. TeenyTiny945 says:

@Zach014789
    He says at the end he was using an OB 2 that he had only been using for only 2 weeks despite the commentator saying he is using OB1 for 2 years

6. TeenyTiny945 says:

@PeteSwitch
    I actually like listening to him over all the commentators for some reason. This guy that is almost always the commentator (not danny) annoys the shit out of me with his corney comments seems like he has them written down ready to use at any point. He also repeats himself a lot in different matches

7. TeenyTiny945 says:

@pigdisposal
    Different strokes for different folks. People tend to like other professional players strokes that resemble their own or that they strive to stroke like. I’ve seen worst than Johns stroke by far among amateur and professional. Its good to be very analytic -(yes thats a word) about your habits when you first start playing serious pool. Sometimes you can’t see your bad habits so its good to take lessons from someone who is both good and knowledgable about the game who will help.

8. TeenyTiny945 says:

@marlio21
    I think the thought of him missing and knowing Corey would most likely run out put a lot of pressure on him. When someone is playing great its hard to play good or better.

9. TeenyTiny945 says:

@mackaus1
    its not uncommon to know professional pool players. John lives in america. Efren does not and in this case would be more unlikely. Pool players travel alot and move more frequently than most people. Mike Davis is the in house pro at my pool hall, and Corey Deuel is the in house pro at a pool hall a couple miles from me. Needless to say I live in Florida. I’ve met or have befriended more professional pool players than not. There are a few I still haven’t gotten a chance to meet

10. TeenyTiny945 says:

@mikensarah713
    Unfortunately a good analogy of Pool is a lot like a seesaw. Sometimes your up, sometimes your down and sometimes your even. At least when your playing someone within the means of your ability to play. I’m not pro but I have been up against pros in races. They came through in the end though. I also like to think of pool as a constant battle of trying to stay in stroke. Its very frustrating when you feel like you have no stroke at all.

11. TeenyTiny945 says:

@bANDynamiTe
    There are mainly two types of pool players. Position playing shot makers, and Shot making position players. I think Corey is more along the lines of a shot making position player. Which is why I think hes so entertaining to watch. It looks like hes always in a predicament and he overcomes them making it look easy and effortless with his smooth long stroke.

12. RyanWatchesNaruto says:

“But he did not keep whitie on the table” haha jim wych 🙂 John just seems like an average player to me.. he can think of the shots but he isnt making them in this match. He is a fine player but on tthis day i kinda feel bad for him.

By the way why does the string only have 10balls on it, shouldn’t there be 11?

13. JAMESPPH says:

what they draw with their cue after every match?

14. 0nedeadstar says:

@Shine0nCrazyDiamond dude your kidding right

15. 0nedeadstar says:

@TeenyTiny945 my bro silver has been on this table before

16. 0ooGummies says:

@JAMESPPH there’s a scoreboard above the table, with balls representing points, the player pushes a ball to the right with the cue to signify the point he has earned.

17. poolplayer2093 says:

What’s funny is that 8 that john just threw his stick at is the longest back stroke i’ve ever seen him use

18. evhgl87 says:

can someone explain the rules of 9 ball at 11:50 where he was allowed to hit the 9 ball out of count and still win? i have never seen that before?

19. OnTheProgram says:

@evhgl87

In 9 ball, you can instantly win a rack by performing a combination or billiard shot on the 9 ball during your turn at the table.

As long as you contact the lowest numbered object ball on the table first with the cue ball, any other balls that are hit and pocketed during the same shot (either by the cue ball [billiard shot] or an object ball [combination shot]) are counted.

This also means that you can instantly win a game by pocketing the 9 ball on the break.

Hope this helps you.

20. evhgl87 says:

@OnTheProgram thanks for the explanation – learned something new! i have played many racks of 9 ball and never seen this before. thanks for the clarification.

21. ProdigyKimXP says:

@Shine0nCrazyDiamond ignorant

22. ProdigyKimXP says:

Love the good sportsmanship at the end.

23. xowreckageox says:

i played a few matches this weekend, and i was getting the same exact rolls that john was getting, and also. the rolls here that corey gets, on top of playing good. that will break you down and it seems like the balls just keep rolling funny

24. MrDamaph says:

@awolvesdestiny I heard that it was an oooold lithuanian proverb, alluding to jack and jill and king of the hill, the hill is the goal, if you are on it, then you are close to the goal

25. cyrful says:

@awolvesdestiny that’s not it it refers to my big cock creating a hill in my shorts and when she sits on it ,she,s on th hill.