APA Dr. Cue Lesson 39 – Simple Formula for Fine Tuning Mechanics!!

Top players execute high quality mechanical movements in a repeatable fashion. Quite often there is a paralysis of analysis aspect in the often-illusive quest for game perfection. To help eliminate confusion in the overall process, a simple two – part formula for each shot should be remembered 1) place cue stick directly under shoulder and 2) allow cue stick to swing straight during the stroke process. Mirror image training provides proven visual feedback for the real time correction of poor mechanics and the programmed repetition / fine tuning of good ones.

1. aznelf13 says:

been a while

2. Pythagoras6 says:

I play a lot of pool, especially in CPA / APA pool league. I know hundreds of people who could benefit from this simple lesson in mechanics. For a lot of people, the mechanics are the limiting factor of this game, and are what keep people rated a 3 or lower. All the theory, spins, strategy in the world will not help if you have a lousy foundation and can’t execute them properly.

This is a great exercise, and I know I will have members of my team do it. It can only help. Thanks Dr. Cue!

3. rjohnson8ball says:

The camera man should show each ball rolling ALL the way to the pocket so people would understand better what they should see — very little wobble on the striped ball. The advice is great.

4. lither says:

If you share something with everybody (YouTube), then it’s not a secret.

5. VoxSweden says:

Unless you’re a ninja

6. aby0ni says:

welcome back in your channel dr. que

7. dimau19 says:

this is great i learned a lot. thank you so much.

8. 0711yes says:

it is impossible for me to say how much i have learned from these lessons

9. poolplayer2093 says:

@Pythagoras6 i hear nothing ut bad things about the apa. any truth to the rumors that it’s a garbage league?

10. freecatboobies says:

Would you fucking show the shot!?! I don’t give a shit about the guy with the red shirt.

11. freecatboobies says:

12. Pythagoras6 says:

@poolplayer2093 What you really need focus on in any pool league is what you are there for. APA leagues are Amateur leagues. That means that you are there to have some fun, and play some pool. Some people take the game very seriously, and can have an effect of ruining the game for other players, either by being super competitive, or by “cheating” the system. Personally, I don’t care about those players. I’m there to have some fun, and play some pool, and APA always delivers those things for me.