APA Dr. Cue Instruction – Dr. Cue Pool Lesson 8: Cue Ball Control…Basic Cue Ball Effect

www.poolplayers.com – Dr. Cue Pool Lesson 8 Cue Ball Control…Basic Cue Ball Effects – The use of “english” or “spin” on the vertical or horizontal axis of the cue ball should be dealt with very carefully. Hitting the cue ball in the center or with stop (slightly below center) are primary beginning points of “cue ball control”. Follow is next in order to learn how to roll into position.

1. pZuggler says:

Actually I do understand physics, a lot better than you obvioulsy. And I know that what you said doesn’t make sense in pool balls hitting. You just found a formula and fit it to the situation when you shouldn’t.

2. HeirOfJezuz says:

I understand physics. i took courses. i just saw that this situation was logical to that particular concept. excuse me for trying to help somebody. maybe u should be less concerned with trying to make urself sound smarter, and actual help the person asking.

Is trying to make someone, who you will never know or meet, feel lower to you that important? You’re pathetic. I mean, why else would you tellin me: “Actually I do understand physics, a lot better than you obvioulsy”. way 2 be a prick.

3. pZuggler says:

Okay you took courses, so did millions of other people. That doesn’t mean you understand physics. I know this because you don’t understand the physics of this situation. If you are so concerned about trying to help someone then you should probabaly explan the physics correctly. All you are doing would be giving someone wrong information and not helping them at all. Infact they would be worse off because they ‘think’ they know the physics because of you, but they actually don’t. Nice job helping.

4. HeirOfJezuz says:

haha once again, u’re too concerned with telling me Im wrong then actually helping the person. forget it man. i may have been wrong, and i can admit that, but u’re pathetic. u havent attempted to correct me. u’ve only said i’m wrong. prove i’m wrong. actually answer someone’s question. i’m done arguing. i know i’m the better person here, and i only say that because that seems to be what yr concerned about. who is “right”. i may have been wrong, but i tried to help. maybe u should give it a shot.

5. pZuggler says:

I wish you realized that by trying to help someone by giving them the wrong information is worse than doing nothing. If you did nothing they would’ve either thought about and came up with it themselves or found someone who actually knows why. Instead they read your answer and assumed it to be true and now know less than they did before. good job.

6. HeirOfJezuz says:

lmao. you’re a loser and i’m done wasting my time with you

7. pZuggler says:

That’s what people say when they realize they actually were wrong and have no comebacks because tey know anything they say now will sound stupid. Too bad doing what you did sounds stupid too.

8. HeirOfJezuz says:

i said that because y’re stubborn. i have counter argued u everytime, but u ignore what i say and repeat urself. “You made this person know less” “I know more than you” BLAH BLAH BLAH! buddy, you haven’t even proven how I am wrong. So answer me this:
    What is the correct concept of physics for this person’s question?

And if u ignore this question AGAIN, u have proven that, in fact, u are wasting my time.

Also, I said b4 I can admit being wrong, if u prove it. im not stuck up like u.

9. baaldi says:

Perfect comeback

10. pZuggler says:

Okay first of all he didn’t eve ask a question. But basically with he is saying that if he hits the cue ball hard eough with no bottom english that it stops anyways has nothing to do with what you said. Let’s say you always hit the cue ball in the centre (no english) every time but with varying speeds. At a slow speed the cue ball with slide accross the table (no spin) for a VERY short period of time, then due to friction is will pick up spin before contacting the object ball, this spin will…

11. pZuggler says:

cause the cue ball to follow through after cotacting the object ball. Now if you strike the cue ball very hardad fast, still in the center, the cue ball will slide accross the table for a much longer amout of time. If you hit it hard enough the ball will slide accross the table the whole distance to the object ball. No spin was induced in the cue ball and therefore no follow through occurs after contact with the object ball. AND THAT IS WHY.

12. HeirOfJezuz says:

you’re right, but you answered verbally what my formula offers. however, mine neglects friction. i gave the dude a basic formula just so he could understand. he understood. i’m sorry that this argument went on for so long. just don’t tell me i’m stupid and that by giving someone the wrong information is worse. that isn’t true for all situations

13. HeirOfJezuz says:

i’m done with all this. you can keep posting shit but i aint responding. just do me a favor. why don’t you tell the person who asked the question. you woulda saved a lot of time if you just posted on his original question, instead of spending your time insulting me. You coulda said “Here man. This is really what happens.” guess that isn’t your approach

14. pZuggler says:

“I don’t know about this but when i hit the ball hard enough with the cue ball, the cue ball stops when it hits the other ball just i don’t give no back spin ” This is what your original post was a reply to. I explained why this is, you did not. So I understood perfectly well, guess you didn’t. And this has EVERYTHING to do with friction. If you neglect friction than what he is explaining wouldn’t even happen.

15. Frank12391NL says:

I love the stopshot! Should have know this a long time ago 😀

16. dafrankjaeger says:

lol, i learned that from yahoo pool and it was very interesting how Yahoo exaggerated the spin of the ball…

17. blaksox1478 says:

youe videos are really improving my pool skills!!

18. irishdan2007 says:

why do u have the same intro music as hotforwords?

19. apaleagues says:

You mean why does hotforwords use ours. (wink) Its royalty-free background music

20. CadillacMatt95 says:

woo hoo I love watching Dr Cue on ESPN

21. Zach014789 says:

Isnt this mike sigel lol

22. aznelf13 says:

i hear that when i use extreme english, the cue would squirt however, when i use it does not squirt. can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? i am using a jeff pechauer jp usa cure, the tip is shaped by hand , roundness of about a dime with a semi flat center

23. lvbohemian says:

Dr. Cue or anybody… how about a video on how to actually properly use a cue tip shape-tool like the Cuetec Bowtie I have yet to see one come with instructions and searches on the web thus far are pretty dismal… Without taking your shaft to somebody with a lathe it seems near impossible to not end up with a concentric tip…
    The Cuetec Bowtie looks like the best hand one out there, so that would be a good one to do a video on…

24. lvbohemian says:

@lvbohemian … er… could have worded it better I guess… it seems impossible to end up with a tip that is concentric with the shaft when shaping by hand with any tip tool such as cuetec bowtie, when used without the aid of a shaft lathe…
    Somebody… Dr. Cue or otherwise please provide a video on doing it the right way to end up with a concentric tip to shaft relationship…

25. momo87205 says:

1 year ago

dnt read this(cuz it really wrks). uwill gt kissed on the nearest frieday by the love of ur life.2mara wll b the bst day of ur life hwever if you dnt post ths comment 2 at least 3 vids u will die withn 2 days nw uv startd readn this dnt stp this is so scary snd ths ovr 2 5 vids in 143 mins when ur done press f6 nd ur crush’s name wll appear on the screen n big letters ths is so scary cuz it actully wrks ths really wrks