BCA Seeks Candidates for Board of Directors Seats
Broomfield, Colo. – March 3, 2009 – The Billiard Congress of America (BCA) announces a call for nominations for Board of Directors seats for the 2009-2010 Board year. The 2009 Nominating Committee is currently accepting nominations for a total of seven (7) available Board seats – six (6) in the Manufacturer/Distributor category and one (1) in the Room Operator category.
BCA members can nominate themselves or a colleague for these positions. Candidates for the Board seats must be current members of the BCA and qualify in the appropriate member category. The following are the open positions available on the BCA Board:
• Manufacturer/Distributor Seat – Candidates must qualify as a manufacturer or distributor to apply for the Manufacturer/Distributor Seat. This means the organization the candidate represents is a licensed business entity primarily engaged in the manufacture or wholesale distribution of billiard equipment or accessories. Four of the seats are for three-year terms, one seat is for a two-year term and one seat is for a one-year term.
• Room Operator Seat – Candidates must qualify as a room operator or league operator to apply for the Room Operator Seat. This means that the organizations the candidate represents must be a licensed business entity operating an establishment where billiards are played or a licensed business entity operating a billiards league or league system. This seat is for a two-year term.
The process the committee will use in making these appointments is as follows:
In order to select the best candidates, the decision will be based on the needs of the organization and the information provided by potential candidates. Each nominee will be provided a Candidate Data Form that is designed to allow candidates to tell the committee why they are the best candidate for the position at this time. All candidates are required to complete all five sections of this candidate data form.
The Candidate Data Form is comprised of sections that ask specific questions about the candidates:
• BCA Member Status
• Billiards Industry Volunteer Experience
• Professional Job Experience and Responsibilities
• Potential Contributions to the BCA and Committee Interest
• Vision for BCA
• Consent to Run and Serve by Member Entity
• Indication of Willingness to Follow BCA Policies and Procedures
The nominating committee will review the forms, follow up with phone interviews if necessary and propose a slate of candidates for all open positions. The committee will then notify the BCA secretary, in writing, of the names of the candidates. All candidates will be contacted as to whether they have been slated or not by Monday, May 4, 2009. Candidates unsuccessful in being slated will be asked if they want to contribute to the organization in other ways, such as through committee participation.
Candidates interested in running or those wishing to nominate a candidate should contact Robin Dahlen, BCA managing director, at email@example.com to let the BCA know of your intentions by 5:00 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, April 1, 2009. Those who are nominated will receive a Candidate Data Form via e-mail no later than the next business day. The form is also available for download as a PDF file on the BCA Web site at: http://www.bca.affiniscape.com/associations/7744/files/BCA_CandidateDataForm_2009BODElection.pdf.
The nomination should include a message stating the candidate name, title, company and complete contact information (including e-mail address) along with a message identifying the position to which the person is being nominated.
The Candidate Data Form must be completed and returned by 5:00 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, April 15, 2009, in order to be considered for a position. Completed forms should be returned to Robin Dahlen, BCA managing director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 404.240.0998.
About Billiard Congress of America
Founded in 1948, the Billiard Congress of America is a non-profit trade organization dedicated to growing a united, prosperous and highly regarded billiard industry through BCA leadership. The BCA seeks to enhance the success of its members and promote the game of billiards though educational, marketing and promotional efforts, annual industry trade shows, tournaments and other programs designed to encourage billiards as a lifestyle and make pool everybody’s game. For more information, visit www.bca-pool.com or call 866.852.0999.