New Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced Division Announced
As of August 20th, 2008 the Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour has created a new division called the Amateur-Advanced Division. This new division is intended to bridge the gap between amateur players and amateur players with advanced skills to help guide each player on their journey of organized tournament competition with the goal of becoming professionals in our sport.
Rules for Qualification & Disqualifications of players for the Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced 9-Ball Tour Event Division are as follows:
You Can Not Play in the Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced 9-Ball Tour events if:
1. You have ever won 4 or more Open Regional Tour Events in the last 5 years or any Professional Events in the last 10 years.
2. You have Won or placed 2nd or 3rd of any $10,000 added or more tournament in the last 5 years.
3. You have 12 or more 2nd, 3rd or 4th place finishes in open regional tour events.
4. You have won 10 or more Amateur events on any other Amateur tours (combined) and not including the Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour.
5. You have ever been considered a professional player.
6. You are a known Road Player with professional skills. You may not participate even if you have never competed in any professional events.
If you fall into any of the above categories the Viking Cue Open 9-Ball Tour is the division for you. Additionally, who may and who may not play in the Amateur-Advanced division is at the sole discretion of the director at the event or the Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour office staff. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility please email the Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days prior to the event you wish to compete in. If you do not fall into any of the above categories the Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced 9-Ball Tour is your ticket to success.
Re: Current Member Disqualifications
Current Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced 9-Ball Tour players will be disqualified from participation in Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced 9-Ball Tour events if at anytime they meet any of the any of the above stated rules for disqualifications. At that time your current Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced 9-Ball Tour card status will be changed to an Open tour card for the remainder of your tour card time period.
Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced 9-Ball Tour members will be eligible to participate in the Amateur-Advanced division until:
1. You win 6 Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced 9-Ball Tour events.
2. You place in the top 4 places of Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced 9-Ball Tour events 12 times.
All players that have not met the disqualification rules for the Viking Cue Amateur-Advanced 9-Ball Tour are welcome to participate in our Amateur-Advanced division events.
Lessor skilled players may participate in all of the Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour Divisions. Those divisions include: Amateur Only, Amateur-Advanced, Open and Professional.
Visit www.viking9balltour.com for additional information.